FSQR FAB Tech 1 - Full Time - 2nd Shift- Dodge City - Kansas-DOD01654 Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Responsible for regulatory compliance (FSIS/CFIA), customer specifications/quality issues, food safety and quality programs within the plant facility. This position is requires good and quick decision making skills, the ablity to multi-task while staying orderly with tasks, and for the qualified applicant to be a slef motivator. The qualified applicant must be able to successfully handle conflict with all levels of production including at the management level.
- Monitor FSIS/CFIA regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards. Act as liaison between USDA/CFIA and plant operations.
- Acts as customer interface with plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints, work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all quality, sanitation, regulatory and food safety programs within the establishment to insure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
- Employee management – selection, training development, performance management, staff efficiencies.
- Reviews and verifies results and communications with Corporate Technical Services. Interface with Corporate Technical Services Directors and other TS Managers within the BU. Collaborate with TS Managers across the platform.
- Strong understanding of USDA/CFIA requirements.
- Able to rethink and improve business for continued growth. Able to prioritize activities.
- Capable to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Comprehensive knowledge of plant operations sufficient to guide and train employees
- Basic knowledge of safe food handling practices
- Basic knowledge of employee safety practices
- Basic math skills (read and compare weights and mesuraments, add, subtract, multiply, divide, coordinate lot #’s with orders, etc.)
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Able to deal with conflict (able to enforce procedures and specifications)
- Beef processing Experience
- QA or Supervisory Experience ( At least 3 months )
- Test and hold or Lab experience.
- GED , Highschool Diploma
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.