This position will manage technicians on the production floor to ensure Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance within the facility. The position works with USDA/FSIS to ensure compliance to regulations and upholds Cargill Policies for Food Safety and Quality. This position works with HACCP and SSOP programs to ensure correct information is collected and reviewed. The responsibilities of this person will ensure all sampling procedures are followed as well as laboratory procedures and customer and FSIS requirements are met.
50% - Manage laboratory and sampling technicians and records, including laboratory procedures and communicate with third party courier and labs as necessary
20% - Review daily paperwork for Food Safety and Quality Paperwork daily
20% - Directly manage data analysist, PFS Coordinator, lab techs, and FSQR technicians development plans and work performance
10% - Perform facility audits,manage non-compliant product hold and release, and receiving and shipment procedures of raw materials.
• Associate degree in Food Science, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field and 2+ years of FSQR work experience.
• 1+ years of Supervisory or team lead experience
• Food Safety and Quality experience in food processing.
• General Laboratory Experience
• Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in root cause analysis
• Process auditing experience
• Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field
• Food Science, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field
• Food safety and quality experience in food processing for USDA facilities
• Conflict resolution and team leadership