Pursue your passion for baking by joining our team! We are adding to our crew of experienced Bakers, producing high-quality, artisan baked goods and pastries. Our bakers focus on producing traditional bakery items that appeal to today’s tastes. We prize traditions such as seasonal ingredients, natural leavening and slow fermentation in the creation of quality whole grain breads and pastries. The BakeHouse is located on King Street in the heart of Lancaster City, a downtown that boasts a vibrant arts and shopping district, top-class restaurants, popular music venues and deep fascinating history.
- Work with the Executive Chef to ensure the bread programs are complimentary to the food and beverage direction for both the Pressroom Restaurant & Bar and the BakeHouse.
- Ensure that food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Executive Chefs standards and procedures.
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection. Reports issues and problems to the Executive Chef and or General Manager.
- Accountable and complies with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurants employees and guests.
- A high school diploma is required with a minimum of three years experience working in a busy kitchen. A culinary degree or skilled training in the culinary field is encouraged, but not required.
- Ability to work six days per week and adjust hours to seasonal trends.
- ServSafe certification is required.
- Basic knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software is helpful.
As an employee you’ll enjoy a friendly work environment and career development opportunities along with company paid health benefits and a company matched 401k program.
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 50 lbs
- Occasionally lifts/carries over 50 lbs
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
- Constant standing/walking for extended periods