Desert Choice Schools- certified K-12 private day school is looking for full-time (40 hours per week) Behavior Technicians (Teacher’s Aide/ Paraprofessionals) for Buckeye Learning Center for 2019/2020 school year.
The hours are M-F 7:00 a.m- 3 p.m.
It's perfect for the candidates with a background in Psychology, Social Work, Special Education, Sociology and Healthcare.
This will be a great way to get into the field where you can use your theoretical knowledge and implement it in practice.
This position is also for candidates that are generally interested to work with children with special needs and want to make a difference in their lives.
Additionally, if you possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any field, you could also apply at AZ Department of Education to become a Substitute Teacher, so you could teach for us a Sub and make $ 20 per hour when we need you in a Sub Teacher role. You can be a Behavioral Tech and a Sub Teacher at the same time.
Please Note: The starting rate for a Behavioral Technician is $14.25 per hour, $ 15.25 for RBT.
This is a 10-month school year position, with summer and school breaks(fall, winter, spring) off and not paid.
Please Note: A valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card” IVP" is required to be considered (or ability to get one).
Please Note: We do not accept the Emergency Substitute Teacher Certificate, it has to be a Regular Substitute Teacher Certificate if you want to teach as a Sub Teacher for us.
Explore your passion for education and being a part of a culture where students learn "personal empowerment, self-determination and resiliency through a mind-frame of personal accountability!"
Desert Choice Schools (http://www.desertchoiceschools.com), a Learn It Family of Companies division (http://www.learnitsystems.com), is a certified K -12 Private Day School approved by the Arizona Department of Education to provide Special Education Services for the following disability categories: Autism (A), Emotional Disability (ED), Mild Intellectual Disability (MIID), Moderate Intellectual Disability (MOID), Other Health Impaired (OHI), Specific Learning Disability (SLD), and Speech-Language Impairment (SLI). Desert Choice Schools utilizes a highly-structured, school-wide Positive Behavioral Supports program that teaches students Academic, Social/Emotional Problem-Solving and Strategies. All DCS teachers and support staff are trained in a unique methodology that assists students with maintaining Positive Choice-Making. We are a tight-knit team that values colleagues who exhibit collaboration, integrity and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students who struggle to be successful, and who share a passion to help children and their families.
As a Behavior Technician, you’ll be a part of a school-based special education team. This team works with school districts to deliver the highest-quality special education services to students with special needs. You’ll provide assistance to the teacher in the implementation of all program components such as the Clinical Program, Instruction, Special Education Services and Physical Fitness. You will be supported by a mentor, veteran behavior technicians and an on-site administrator manager.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; college degree preferred
- Current Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card is required to be considered or ability to get one
- 1-2 years’ experience working with children in a special needs education setting is preferred
- Ability to collaborate and receive to feedback, mentoring and direction from peers and supervisors
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a professional and clinical perspective at all times, with the ability to not internalize or personalize (e.g. emotionally) in regard certain student behaviors or mannerisms that occur.
- Demonstrated experience using physical ability and dexterity to safely and effectively use Crisis Management Interventions (including the use of therapeutic holds) of all involved (e.g. self, student, other employees
- PCMA Certification a plus.
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
· Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
· Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (stoop, reach, stand, kneel, squat, sit, walk, lift, pull, grasp) for extended periods of time
· Must be willing and able to implement safety measures consistent with Professional Crisis Management Association (PCMA) such as: therapeutic holds and transportation procedures utilizing quick body movements in the course of maintaining the safety of students with special needs
Desert Choice Schools/Learn It Systems offers a comprehensive benefits plan, 401K, and Tuition Assistance.
Desert Choice Schools/Learn It Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States.