As the provider of the best Seaside, Florida rentals for decades, Cottage Rental Agency offers an amazing collection of private vacation homes. This idyllic community is situated on the Gulf of Mexico along scenic highway 30A and amidst the white sand Beaches of South Walton County. This region of Northwest Florida is known throughout the world for beautifully pristine waters framed by unspoiled coastal lands.
The primary purpose of the Front Desk Agent is to perform all desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in and out, making room reservations, giving recommendations, and providing directions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
2. Possess a thorough knowledge of resort, rates, packages and discounts - how to handle them and how they relate to other departments.
3. Possess a thorough knowledge of resort credit and check cashing policies and procedures and adhere to them.
4. Develop a proficient knowledge of computer system.
5. Develop a proficient knowledge of unit locations, types, outlets, hours of operation and staff.
6. Notify housekeeping of late check-outs, early departures, special requests, and early check-ins.
7. Develop a working knowledge of the reservations department; accept same day and future reservations when necessary.
8. Know cancellation procedure, as well as guest check-out and special handling procedures.
9. File and post charges and credits to master and city ledger accounts.
10. Read and initial pass-on log, real bulletin boards daily for updated information.
11. Have a daily function sheet at your station.
12. Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to management.
13. Answer phone by third ring using proper etiquette and modulations.
14. Keep the desk clean and neat using spare time and in proper uniform.
15. Maintain neat personal appearance in the public areas of the resort.
16. Use a favorable, attentive, and positive approach to all guests so that they get the best impression of the resort and its staff.
17. All clerks shall work flexible shifts.
18. Perform any reasonable request as directed by supervisor or management.
19. Be aware and utilize all safety procedures and caution on the job.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with hotel management software is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills preferred.
Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.