A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Sous Chef, support the seamless running of the kitchen, by maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen, dishes, utensils, and equipment.
Duties & Functions:
• Must love and support their TEAM!
• Must love and take care of guests!
• Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
• Obtains service area assignments at the beginning of each shift
• Ensure that all cooking utensils and equipment are clean, dry, and correctly stored in the designated areas
• Ensure that kitchen work areas are kept clean and tidy
• Ensure that the correct chemicals are used as part of your duties as dishwasher
• Maintain a clean work area
• Ability to work under demanding an strenuous situations
• Comply with all Health and Safety functions
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Ensure compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into sbe’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prefer a minimum of six (6) months of previous janitorial, stewarding, cleaning or warehouse experience preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
• Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
• Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
• Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
• Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.