Are you looking for a career in a challenging and fast-paced industry essential to the American economy? Are you looking for a company that has an outstanding reputation for getting the job done?
If so, Midwest Motor Express, Inc. can offer great opportunities.
Midwest Motor Express, Inc. has been in operation since 1918, providing complete transportation solutions. Shipping locally, statewide, nationwide or internationally, Midwest Motor Express provides fast, accurate, and seamless service. The Commercial Carrier Journal has consistently ranked Midwest Motor Express as one of the top performing for-hire carriers among all carriers. Midwest Motor Express employs over775 positions at 30 terminals across 15 states in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest.
Midwest Motor Express offers some of the best benefits in the industry, including:
- Competitive Compensation & paid weekly
- FREE employee only High Deductable Health Plan with associated Health Savings Account
- Vision & Dental Insurance available
- Group Disability, accident, medical bridge, and critical illness coverage available
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid Vacation & Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Will Planning Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Manages all sales related activities and Sales Executives in your assigned region. In conjunction with the Region Operations Manager, the Regional Sale Manager is responsible for revenue growth and operating profit within the region. Candidate must possess natural leadership qualities to effectively lead and develop the Sales Executives while being able to excel in maintaining client and customer relationships.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field preferred.
- 3+ years relevant sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with proven management skills.
- Solutions-selling experience within the transportation sector.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently or within a team.
- Analytical skill set, strong presentation skills, and the ability to interact with any level in an organization.
- Responsible for planning, directing, training, and coaching of all sales functions within the terminals of the region assigned. This will include goal setting, analysis of, and corrective action taken if needed in the areas of sales performance and statistics, and overall budgeting within the region.
- Establish clear sales objectives for the week, month, year. Assist the V-P of Sales & Marketing with the development of innovative marketing strategies to increase sales and reduce costs.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of company history, policies, organization, pricing and tariff rules.
- Be constantly aware of our competitor's services, policies, and specific discount pricing programs being offered.
- Lead, motivate, acknowledge, and inspire your team to perform beyond expectations.
- Foster an environment to help develop personal attributes that are consistent with a professional transportation representative; i.e.: poise, sincerity, appearance, pride, alertness, enthusiasm, initiative, tact, and knowing that honesty must prevail in all situations.
- Interact directly with the Sales Executives and terminal employees within the region. Travel within the region on a regular basis will be expected and required to ensure the entire region's sales and operations team all understand the expectations set forth by jointly sales and operations.
- Monitor the production of the Account Executives including their adherence to all job requirements and measurements.
- Coordinate and direct regular sales meetings to ensure the entire region's sales staff are all striving for the same goals.
- Recommends and selects personnel for various sales positions and trains assigned personnel to be proficient in the company procedures and systems of operation for the applicable position.
- Plans, gathers information, and strategically develops a budget based on forecasting in conjunction with input from the Region Operations Manager.
- The Regional Sales Manager will manage and coordinate sales efforts to promote revenue growth within the region. This will include making individual or joint calls on customers to promote the high quality of Midwest Motor Express's services and its high reputation.
- Handle complaints expeditiously through the appropriate channels. Foster goodwill in the workplace and in the community.
- May also accept responsibility or participate in social, civic and community activities within the surrounding terminal area, to gain individual recognition as a citizen and promote the goodwill of Midwest Motor, Express, Inc.
- Carry out and report on any special assignment requested by either the Vice President of Sales or senior leadership.
- All other duties as assigned.