As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Fuel Station Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Trains, supervises, schedules, and assigns duties to Fuel Station Clerks. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of merchandising programs. Operates computerized cash register, itemizes and totals customers purchases in the fuel station. Receives cash, check or charge payment from customer and makes change for transactions and redeems promotional coupons. Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock and inventory in the Fuel Station area. Picks ups merchandise for sale and supplies from grocery store as needed. Responsible for overall management of the Fuel Station.
Safeway Fuel Station Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of policies for operating Fuel Stations, such as hours of operation, workers required and their duties, and scope of operations.
3. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising.
4. Inventories stock daily. Writes fuel station order. Checks for completeness of order upon arrival.
5. Receives gas deliveries as needed. Records fuel deliveries on Fuel Delivery sheet.
6. Maintains cleanliness of fuel station area.
7. Performs daily safety inspections of tanks and pumps, checking gaskets, cover lock, etc.
8. May pump gasoline for customers.
9. Transports absorbent material to drive up area to absorb and clean spills as needed.
10. Restocks windshield washer fluid in pump side containers as needed.
11. Rotates product and removes out of date product as needed.
12. May pick up products in grocery store as needed and transport to Fuel Station area.
13. Manages Fuel Station.
14. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
5. Ability to train and supervise employees.
Fuel Station Clerks
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled