Direct and supervise PLSI's operations within a designated Region. Design and implement facility plans to optimize cost, quality, and safety. Support the Region in achieving operational goals focused on prompt, accurate, high quality delivery of product.
- Develops annual operational budgets for assigned Region. Participate in development of annual PLSI business plan;
- Communicates corporate strategies and quality objectives (KPIs) to the FC Managers in assigned Region and monitor performance;
- Recruits and develops FC Managers leadership and management skills to accomplish goals, as well as support FC Managers in achieving their facility goals;
- Establishes and monitors assigned Region's operational performance on a daily and weekly basis, implementing action plans to correct operational deficiencies as required;
- Provides guidance for alternative sourcing within the supply chain and customer service expectation;
- Participates in contract negotiations, which include transportation, material handling, and other related distribution/logistics needs;
- Reports FC performance measures as required by the Director of Distribution, executives and other Corporate office departments;
- Ensures that applicable state and federal regulations are communicated to and understood by the FCs, and that FCs achieve compliance, utilizing guidance from the company's regulatory compliance resources;
- Acquires and maintains information on distribution industry changes to remain knowledgeable of the most current distribution methods available;
- Supports the company goals for continuous improvement according to the ISO 9001 quality management system. Ensures FCs' on-going compliance with the requirements of the QMS;
- Sustains an organizational culture characterized by open communication, cooperation and trust;
- Reviews audit results and assist in the development of action items to correct deficiencies;
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Walking and standing
Air and auto travel to distribution centers, supplier facilities and other office locations within the U.S.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting. Travel is required for approximately 75% of the job where destinations will, at times, require walking and standing in a warehouse or manufacturing setting.
Education/Training & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations management, distribution/logistics, or equivalent work experience, is required;
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems used in daily business: warehouse management system, computer applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.).
Relevant Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years in distribution operations or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated success in leadership roles and consistent achievement record;
- Desirable relevant work experience includes warehouse administration, general business management, warehouse labor (receiving, order filling, shipping, or customer service), and employment in the dental industry (sundry sales, equipment service and sales, dental hygienist, dental assistant);
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget and execute operations plans to meet expense goals;
- Experience with financial controls and the analytical skills needed to understand how the management of daily operations translates into monthly, quarterly, and annual expense lines;
- Familiarity with procedures for capital request, financial justification, and project administration.
This job description is subject to change, at management's discretion, at any time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.