We’re Sorry Robots, a full-stack product design firm. We make and sell physical products under our GIR and Voltaire brands, and we’re incubating some software brands as well. In short, we spend our time finding ways to Get It Right. We started with the perfect spatula. These days, we work on everything from cooking tools and coffee gear to mobile apps and custom products. There's a lot going on here—we're not reinventing the wheel, but everything else is fair game.
Our operations are complex for a company of our size. We import from multiple factories overseas and regularly use both sea and air freight. We maintain a catalog of over 500 SKUs with many color variations, bundle configurations, varying pack sizes, and very different stock levels by SKU over time. We sell across multiple sales channels: both B2B and B2C; to customers large and small; both direct to customer and via distributor, wholesaler, or dropship. On any given day, we might ship a hundred small parcels to individuals, twenty cartons to small stores, and a pallet to a large retailer. We routinely run flash sales and process several thousand individual orders in 2-3 day period.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a new teammate to join our fulfillment center crew. You'll report to our shift leaders and be responsible for our physical products from the moment they reach our doorsteps until the moment they're shipped to our customers. The role requires the energy and a lot of daily physical movement, attention to detail, and strong communication and team collaboration skills.
You'll help out with a variety of daily tasks ranging from shipment prep and order processing to inventory management, warehouse organization, and more. Additionally, from time to time we'll kick off special projects that you'll be a part of; that could range from cycle counting inventory to moving and opening a new fulfillment center in the greater OC area (we're growing fast)! The ideal candidate is quick on their feet, has an upbeat personality, is patient, and eager to learn. We are a small but mighty team, and are looking for great collaborators and trustworthy partners. The ideal candidate will be energetic, thoughtful, and not intimidated to work in an environment with a high degree of complexity.
At GIR, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We're committed to building a diverse and well-rounded team, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
What you'll do here
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup accurately and according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, scan, ship)
- Receive, process, and organize warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Complete weekly cycle counts for inventory, reporting any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Assist in special projects or other fulfillment center duties as assigned
- Move and maintain products and equipment among multiple storage locations in the greater OC area
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Become a brand ambassador for the get it right culture and mission #dothegetitrightthing
What we’ll love about you
- You’re a team player—always willing and happy to help
- You’re inquisitive, fast on your feet, and quick to learn
- You’re motivated and feel comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- 2+ years of fulfillment center or warehousing experience
- Highly solution-oriented and comfortable with repetition
- Ability to adhere to and enforce task timelines and scheduled deadlines
- Excellent task and time management
- Self-motivated, highly flexible, and proactive, with a team mentality
- Ability to operate a hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Ability to lift or move heavy products in a solo or team lift, occasionally in excess of 55lbs
- Knowledge of safety standards required in fulfillment center operation
- High school diploma
- Bonus: Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems
- Flexible time off policy
- Winter break!