Do you have an eye for detail, have a love for numbers and organized? We are looking for you. For this 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday – Friday positon, we are seeking a dynamic, conscientious, and energetic accounts payable clerk that loves to work with numbers and people. This accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk will be expected to communicate with vendors, clients, and our internal departments in order to maintain data bases and assist in preparing reports. You should be professional and courteous with ability to multi-task. The right candidate with have strong computer skills, understanding of accounting practices and procedures, along with ethical behavior in the workplace.
This position reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Roles that report to this position: None, this role is entry level
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Answering phones; assist caller with questions, able to direct caller to correct department or person when necessary
- Responding to emails, set calendar notices, and set task deadlines
- Send correspondence to vendors and clients regarding collections and follow-up phone calls.
- Process daily mail
- Ability to use office equipment; copier, fax machine, 10-key calculator, and scanner
- Become familiar with company server files to ensure of file placement for future ease of research and recovery
- Understand GAAP
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions and reconciling entries
- Maintain and balance general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries, prepare trial balance and reconciling errors
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Generate 1099’s and 1096’s
- Assist CPA with annual tax filings
- Develop budget
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reconcile credit card statements
- File sales tax report monthly
- Review monthly expense reports for errors in posting
- High degree of confidentiality
- Follow directions
- Any other duties as required
- AA degree in Accounting or 2 years’ experience a must
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, excel, word, power point)
- Detail oriented a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to proper grammar and spelling
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information
- High Level of accuracy and efficiency
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills
- Must be a team player, self-starter, motivated
- Highly responsive and takes initiative
- Highly organized
- Able to multi-task and ability to work well under pressure
- Detail oriented, and provide thorough and accurate work product
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to spontaneous request or needs that may arise
- Able to prioritize and provide timely work product
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional, flexible personality
- Understand the importance of wardrobe, uniform requirements
- Honest, trustworthy, and dependable
- Professionally represent Paragon Events when dealing with staff, customers, and vendors.
Salary, benefits, & schedule:
Salary is based upon education, knowledge, and skills.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Paragon Events offers extensive benefits for full time salaried employees including Health & Life Insurance, 401K, PTO (Paid Time Off), Company Car after 3.5 years of service, and much more. These benefits would follow the standard company policies and additional information can be provided as requested.
Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST. There are times that evening and weekend support is required based on upcoming projects, programs & events, etc. This position would be an in-office work space.
Due to the sensitive nature of our business, access to private information, and other factors Paragon Events, Inc. does require a background check on all new employees through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website. This is not an expense to the potential employee but an expense paid for by Paragon Events, Inc.
All contracted and regular employees of Paragon Events, Inc. are required to read, and sign the Confidentiality and Non-Complete agreements. These agreements are maintained in employees personnel file and enforceable by law.
Based on experience