Our Growing office in NYC is hoping to add a Full-Charge Bookkeeper to our team to work in a client-facing position.
We refer to our Bookkeepers as Client Service Associates. Client Service Associates (CSA’s) are employees who are interested in pursuing a career in professional bookkeeping services. During this time, CSA’s need to focus on developing skills, building their technical skill base, understanding and executing diligent client service, and getting oriented to the Firm’s practices, policies, and culture.
- Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge on a continual basis; looks to build technical skill base
- Grasps concepts quickly and demonstrates knowledge of basic technical skills, as well as related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Makes well-thought-out decisions and considers all facts; with the best interest of the client in mind
- Asks appropriate questions and requests supervision when in need of assistance
- Follows regulations and professional ethics of the AICPA and the state society.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently on engagements or assist professional staff in:
- Performing bookkeeping services for client.
- Completing and reviewing of month-end work (reconciliation of bank accounts, post cash receipts and cash disbursements, calculate and record monthly accruals, record standard monthly entries, track payment of federal, state and local tax estimates, prepare monthly financial statements, review G/L detail to be sure sufficient information is provided for preparation of year-end returns).
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual payroll tax returns, W-2’s, 1099’s
- Calculating and reviewing monthly sales tax liability
- Develops proficiency in use of all technology necessary for performance execution
- Maintains designated chargeable hours for the year (determined by Geography & Discipline leaders)
- Ensures quality control procedures are being executed under direction of engagement supervisor
- Maintains positive client relationships
- Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests
- Develops efficient work habits to work accurately, efficiently, and with organization and detail-orientation
- Demonstrates willingness to understand how to work within budgetary parameters
- Appropriately communicates difficult situations encountered on engagements to supervisor
- Perform thorough self-review of all work prior to submission to supervisor
- Begins to build knowledge base of the local office service offerings
- Solicits internal experts from which to learn and builds relationships
Positively represents and actively promotes the Firm
- Participates in mentoring, recruiting, retention and team-building activities directly related to job responsibilities
- Conducts oneself professionally and shows respect to others at all times; maintains poise under pressure, especially during stressful times and during peak periods of client engagement activity
- Develops and establishes rapport with fellow employees
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive criticism
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team spirit amongst peers
- Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all firm wide and local office policies and procedures
- Some formal accounting training or appropriate experience requirements.
- Prior bookkeeping experience in public accounting, corporate or private business
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping.
- Proficient knowledge of bookkeeping software, Excel and Word
License / Certification
Legal / Compliance
- Must complete Firm wide Non-Compete, Non Solicitation agreements or similar applicable documents
- Must complete acknowledgement of Corporate Policy and Compliance Manual
- Must complete acknowledgement of Employee Manual document
- Must complete acknowledgement of Independence Guidelines and Ethical Standards document