ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We’re a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
The product development team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for delivering prioritized stories that look to maximize value for our members and our business through our digital products. We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice test driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. We deliver user value, solve problems and ship code multiple times a day to improve our members’ experience and maximize value to the organization.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Evaluates strategies and makes recommendations on changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms.
- Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of professional experience in C#, Java, and or Node, development.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more modern JS Frameworks (e.g. React) .
- Experience building scalable, optimal performance web applications.
- Good understanding of both front-end and server side components.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful services.
- Knowledge on how to implement and manage the APIs (Web Services) versioning.
- Experience in TDD and or BDD environments.
- Experience mentoring junior members.
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair programming environment.
- Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add values and make a difference.
- User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
- Experience working closely with QA and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work.
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.