We're a rapidly growing early stage AI startup looking to hire our first employees ( https://www.lore.ai ) based in Washington D.C. and Paris. Our vision is to build software systems that can deeply analyze and understand the world to help people better navigate the complexity around them. And, simple as it sounds (it’s not!), we think building systems that can read documents and extract knowledge from them are a worthy first step.
Here’s what you might want to know about us:
- We love what we do!
- We’re excited about technology but we also want to make it useful (it feels good when people like stuff you build!)
- We run Linux as our primary OS
- We’re very fond of Python
- We like to roll our own and figure out the problems before using the latest shiny tech
- We run all our stuff on bare metal clusters using docker & kubernetes
- We read ML research papers and implement or even extend them
- We develop our own proprietary neural networks
If you enjoy working on complex and interesting problems with a small, dedicated team of engineers in a fast-paced environment then please get in touch.
You can watch this PyParis talk to learn a bit more about our underlying stack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7-C-XSwkA
How to Apply
Apply here or send an email to [careers] [at] [lore.ai] with:
- A resume
- A cover letter explaining why you're a good fit and what interests you about Lore
- A short description of relevant experience
- Your compensation expectations
As a small team we often play many roles so knowledge of system administration (particularly container orchestration tools like kubernetes) or machine learning are also a considerable plus. If you’re interested in the business side of things there’s also plenty of room for client interaction and business strategy. You'll be a very early employee in a growing startup so you'll have the opportunity to shape and be part of our culture and future.
We’re happy to teach you stuff but we’re also eager to learn from you!
- Review and contribute to front-end architecture
- Help build a Django REST API
- Help design and develop various new front-end interfaces
- Use Selenium to build automated tests
- Excellent knowledge of Django
- Modern workflow and DevOps including git and docker
- Ability to work in a Linux/Open Source ecosystem
- Capable of working independently & cooperatively
- Excellent communication skills
- English fluency required
- (Distributed) systems architecture and design
- Machine learning
- NLP or ML knowledge or experience
- DevOps (Kubernetes) and/or Linux system administration experience
- Business development experience
- French fluency a plus
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from home and in office
- Possible travel to Paris