Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
As a Full Stack Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) Developer at Wolverine Worldwide, you will play a crucial role in the execution, delivery, and maintenance of software development projects supporting our family of brands across multiple regions. As a member of the Direct to Consumer eCommerce Technology team, this role is responsible for developing features & functions utilizing Salesforce Commerce Cloud as well as data integrations between eCommerce systems and organization platforms.
Please note that first consideration for this position will go to our internal employees, including anyone with interest who is currently on furlough.
- Writes Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) code for projects and support that adheres to industry best practices.
- Works with Business Analyst and Product Owner to provide estimates for level of effort, direction on scope, and overall feasibility for all projects and tasks assigned.
- Works with WWW’s eCom Technical team to write acceptance criteria to ensure solutions meet business expectations.
- Collaborates with brand designers and copywriters to develop creative that is optimized to work within the available eCommerce platform templates in a sustainable way and suggests alternative options with full explanation of resource implications.
- Works with WWW’s QA team to write test plans for upcoming changes being made to the platform.
- Communicate regularly with managers and business owners regarding task and project status to ensure accuracy in overall project status and platform health.
- Document code and functionality changes in accordance with eCommerce Technology team standards.
- Collaborates with other team members in an agile development process, spanning front end, back end, QA, and product management.
- Analyzes and improves platform performance and stability and ensures that sites are compliant (ADA, CCPA, GDPR).
- Under general direction, leads and/or assists team members and customers with problem solving related to software application performance and usage
- Participates in and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures.
- Supports CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) practice with development of A/B tests.
- Works collaboratively with outsource development partner to align to development and integration standards.
- Maintains awareness of current technologies and trends.
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education and work assignments.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, a Business discipline or related field or equivalent work experience.
- General knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud is preferred.
- 2+ years of development of eCommerce applications using the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform (formerly Demandware) or other enterprise-level eCommerce platform (Hybris, Magento, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Oracle Commerce Cloud (ATG), etc).
- Experience with general software development lifecycle process, including requirements gathering, design, development/configuration, testing and support.
- Exposure to basic project management methodologies; experience leading small projects preferred.
- Experience in languages and platforms such as C#, .NET, Ruby, and Java.
- Advanced experience with HTML5 and CSS/SASS.
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs (Google Marketing Cloud, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, etc).
- Working knowledge of version control systems and Cloud Platforms (Git, Mercurial, JIRA, Confluence, Git Hub, Bit Bucket, Gulp, Jenkins).
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Thorough understanding and experience with responsive design, browser behavior and compatibility, and cross-browser optimization/troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge and functional understanding of W3C standards.
- Demonstrated flexibility and collaboration in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate independently or as part of a team and complete agreed-upon deliverables within established timeframes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONSNormal Office Environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).