Our client is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in our Data & Analytics organization. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes in being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability. In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. Should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tool sets/processes.
- Minimize 'meetings' to get requirements and have direct business interactions
- Write referenceable & modular code
- Design and architect the solution independently
- Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
- Passion to learn
- Take ownership and accountability
- Understand when and when not to automate
- Desire to simplify
- Be entrepreneurial/business minded
- Have a quality mindset. Not just code quality, but also to ensure ongoing data quality, by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
- Take risks and champion new ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of being part of Agile teams using scrum or kanban
- 3+ years of working in an object-oriented language: C, C++, Java,Scala, or other OO languages
- 2+ years of scripting (python, ruby, perl, etc.)
- 1+ year of Big Data SQL.
- Working with marquee clients is a plus.
- Proficient in GIT and Jenkins
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment in close collaboration with DevOps
- Familiarity with Rally is a plus
- Design knowledge with Hadoop, Teradata, Looker, and Tableau along with Atscale tools is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- At least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, with a minimum of six years of experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178