Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Full Stack Engineer to work in Boston, MA!
The Fidelity Retirement Income Experience tribe is a new team that formed within Fidelity Labs, which has been tasked with meeting the financial planning and investment management needs of our customers as they transition to retirement. Our focus is building self-directed, end-to-end solutions that push the bounds of financial and technical innovation and improve the financial lives of our customers. We continue to operate like a startup, moving quickly, solving difficult problems in new ways, and empowering everyone to have a voice in the direction of our products. Because we are passionate about building quality software, we follow agile development practices, invest heavily in automated testing, take code reviews and prioritize refactoring. We invest in the improvement of the skills every sprint and provide opportunities to use new technologies or work in different areas of our codebase!
The Expertise You Have
- Significant experience using node.js to develop web application backends and / or experience with Angular or React to develop frontend experiences
- Experience acting as the tech-lead on a team developing a web application
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior developers
- Experience writing automated tests as part of development
- Bonus points for experience architecting applications in the AWS cloud
The Skills You Bring
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and are adaptable to change
- You are a leader and are looking for a role where you can directly influence technical design
- Possess customer-first mentality and enjoy developing user-friendly web applications that tackle real life problems
- Have a passion for clean, maintainable code and are always looking to improve your engineering skills
- See testing as a core part of your development process, experience with Jest or Cypress is a strong plus
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring other team members and collaborating with peers
- Able to work remotely, collaborating regularly with your peers through video and chat
The Value You Deliver
- Developing features for our Guided Retirement Experience application using node.js and Angular
- Proven as a tech lead on various projects or other development initiatives
- Actively collaborating with the other engineers on the squad through code reviews, pair programming, interactive design sessions and team retrospectives
- Developing automated tests using Jest, Cypress and other tools
- Working with team to ensure we are building the right features based on scope and customer value
- Developing solutions that help improve developer efficiency or sharing knowledge about new techniques and technologies
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.