Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Full Stack Engineer to work in Fidelity’s Asset Management Technology in Durham, NC.
Strategic Advisors Technology (SAT) is looking for a full stack Software Engineer who not only cares about what you produce but how you produce it. We are looking for individuals who continually strive to advance engineering perfection and technology innovation.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Knack for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with middleware Java stack, messaging technologies and web containers
- Experience writing Oracle PL/SQL and performing data analysis
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Passionate about engineering perfection with a solid grasp of object-orientated programming.
The Purpose of Your Role
You will actively contribute to the code base while actively collaborating with multi subject area team members and customers. You’ll use your critical thinking skills to translate storyboards and use cases into applications that give Fidelity a strategic edge.
The Skills You Bring
- You can write thin client and service layer code with equal proficiency, quality and passion.
- You can deliver maintainable, extensible, reusable and performant solutions
- You understand how to operate in an Agile environment and understand how to deliver using an Acceptance Test-Driven development (ATDD) approach
- You identify bottlenecks and bugs, and work to resolve them
- You are committed to collaborative problem solving and communication
- You know legacy monolithic architecture and how to convert to a micro service based architecture.
The Value You Deliver
- You will lead design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program’s strategic direction
- You will lead application design efforts, participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Fully engaging in product quality plan efforts, including test case development, design and code reviews and regression testing.
- Give to improving engineering practices in the areas of ATDD and CI/CD.
- Engaging in working with distributed team of developers in leading standard methodologies for software engineering.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward results-oriented, hardworking individuals with a work environment that champions diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can give to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services companies in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you wish to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.