Veritude is hiring for a Full Stack Software Engineer Developer at Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC!
Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building the best-in-class digital experience that helps them in financial planning, investing, and retirement solutions? Our chapter comprises teams that work on a wide range of applications and platforms like Fidelity.com, Fidelity Mobile Apps and Active Trader Pro®. We're looking for product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help us on our mission to deliver the best omni-channel (web, mobile, IoT) experience to our customers.
The Purpose of Your Role
Our teams build and contribute to Fidelity’s digital presence. As a software engineer, you will help us build the user experience and the underlying platforms needed to support our digital presence. You’ll work on building entire features, taking these from concept to deployment, as part of our autonomous, multi-functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
The Expertise We’re Looking for
- Must have strong work experience in Java, Junits, J2EE (preferably Java 8 exposure)
- Work experience in API Design, Development and MicroServices Architecture
- RESTful API Service development, testing and consumption using modern frameworks and open source technologies- Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Rest Assured
- Exposure to API Gateway and security features like OAuth, WS security
- Awareness in cloud technologies
- Experience in Client side development – Angular, React, CSS, HTML & Browser Developer tools
- Hands on experience with package management using Node.js, NPM, Express
- Strong experience with DevOps, Automated Testing, CICD using technologies like Jenkins, Maven and Stash
- Experience in Agile development methodology and Atlasian tools like JIRA
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent)
The Skills You Bring
- Your hands of experience working with package management using Node.js, NPM, Express
- Your confidence to employ previous experience of Automation Tools/Frameworks (Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Protractor, Junit, Mockito)
- Your advanced Git skills and respective branching strategies
- Your experience with API Design & Development and MicroServices Architecture.
- Your knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
- Your knowledge of asychrony (Promises, Observers, Event Loops)
- Your confidence to employ modern SPA frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
- You’re not intimidated by Visual Design & Rapid Prototyping
The Value You Deliver
- Using business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications and conducting studies of alternatives.
- Analyzing and recommending changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Establishing full project life cycle plans for complex projects across multiple platforms.
- Participate in iteration planning to maintain velocity and deliver quality each sprint.
- Analyzing business requirements and system development specifications.
- Participating in problem solving, troubleshooting, performance turning, production support, and maintenance of existing APIs.
- Playing a key role in resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies.
- Ensuring code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Helping to coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to more junior team members.
- Contributing to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to maximize velocity for the product team.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
We believe that diversity in background and experience will cultivate an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers.
Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels.
People who are excellent cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
Our culture code is simple:
- We share knowledge to empower and connect everyone
- We live outside our comfort zone.
- We believe life is too short to not love what you do
- We know amazing people create extraordinary opportunities
- We are customers.
- We favor autonomy and take ownership
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and cultivating a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit VeritudeJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.