Veritude is currently seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to work onsite at Fidelity Investments in Durham,NC.
The Digital Platforms COE team is looking for a Software Engineer/Developer to help develop and maintain client-facing web applications and tools on the Plan Sponsor Webstation (PSW) and Netbenefits platforms. The primary focus of this position will be on the maintenance and support of the website and tools. The role requires strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and web development experience ( both Client and Server Side).
The qualified candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment where the ability to work as part of a team is essential to job success. This individual must be adaptable and will be required to make solid contributions both independently and as a team member. He/she will work with experienced web developers and architects to build solutions that meet critical business needs.
This position is within the WI Product Technology organization which is the primary point of contact for our WI business partners, with responsibility for DC client enhancements; Defined Benefits (DB) platform development; DB client implementations and ongoing service; acquisition technologies and sales support activities; client data conversion; plan sponsor and customer-facing technology; Stock Plan Services; and workplace business analytics.
- Work with a team of individuals who provide Production Support to NB and PSW
- To support and develop the Internal tools to help the Organization
- Triage production issues to determine root cause and offer potential solutions
- Interact daily with business partners and Production Support Systems staff to provide superior service to customers
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams throughout the organization
- Interact with business stakeholders to understand enhancement objectives and requirements
- Provide current state analysis on existing website functionalities
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of development experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science-related field required
- Working experience working within the financial services industry a plus
Skills and Knowledge
- 3+ years of hands on development experience implementing features and solutions using JAVA /J2EE.
- Demonstrates proficiency in back end framework include Spring Boot, Spring, Hybernate, Maven, JUnit
- Experience in developing/implementing Restful Web services, JPA, Hybernate
- Experience with web markup language, including HTML 5, CSS3
- Knowledge and experience of using code versioning tools
- Strong focus on unit testing and implementing code quality.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Some SQL/Database experience preferred
- Strong Analytical Capabilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal