Veritude is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC.
Principal Software Engineer Developer
Fidelity's Workplace Solutions (WS) Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WS’s suite of Internet products and services. The Digital Platforms development team focuses on delivering creative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unrelenting dedication to innovation, which furthers a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to Fidelity's customers. This is a dynamic group that is using groundbreaking technologies to create powerful tools and an elite user experience for our customers using Java-based technologies.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of previous level skills and responsibilities of relevant job family
- 8+ years of experience
- Serve as a Principle Software Engineer who will play a Technical Lead role within the Digital Platforms Development team.
- Responsible for the creation of quality web-based software components that are used by Fidelity’s workplace and retail customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, scrum master, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity’s internet experience.
- Build quality software components,
- Analyze and recommend changes in project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers within the scrum team.
- This role calls for advanced business knowledge and may necessitate acquiring specific business background though training and application experience.
The Skills You Bring
Your background in the following will prove necessary:
- Strong software development skills using Java and web application technologies in a service oriented architecture
- Experience in Server Side Java, J2EE, REST, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat.
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design and technologies
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration, static code analysis and test driven development
- Experience with Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core. XML, Integration with RESTful Web Services
- Strong internet security knowledge and standard methodologies
Your experience with the following will be a plus:
- GIT, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA
- Node JS, Backbone JS, and Angular 6+
- Containerization and cloud deployment
The Value You Deliver
- Your comprehensive knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current and emerging technologies
- Your expert understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Your use of formal methods (traditional structured or Agile/iterative) for delivering new or enhanced applications, identifying and communicating systems development processes and developing features associated with the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Your ability to manage a team of developers, which includes assigning development activities to team members and monitoring the progress of those activities
- Your ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Your strong analytical skills and ability to tackle issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Your ability to quickly learn, adapt and thrive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Your ability to present formal and informal presentations in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and senior management
- Your ability to communicate effectively with and to influence team members and external groups
- Your ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Your ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Your strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Your desire to be detail-attentive, very responsive and committed to quality