The objective of this position is to work with business and technical experts to implement software engineering best practices that promotes the highest application usability. The individual must have superb analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to drive project deliverables. The individual will be expected to participate in the collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, software design and realization of products to support the strategic technology needs of the organization. A full stack engineer is a person that has a breadth of knowledge in computer science, a problem solving mentality and a desire to learn. This person is comfortable working within a technical capacity across many of the Data & Analytics sectors including core development on platform, data processing and report generation. This person will be working in a team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output. Focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Core code production for back, middle and front end applications
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
- Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
- Creating a repeatable process for rationalizing large amounts of reports
- Complete detailed peer code reviews
- Deploying & developing cloud applications end to end
- Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
- Working in stages of the environment lifecycle including Production
- Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Proficiency in object oriented software development languages: Scala & Python
- 4+ years of experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
- Experience in REST and SOAP
- API development is desired
- Experience in stream data, such as Kafka desired
- Proficiency working with large data stores and large data volume in writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala and/or Python
- Deep understanding of all things database - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem is desired: HDFS, Spark, Pig, Hive
- Excellent communication skills
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial
- Provide recommendations and design optimal configurations for large-scale deployments.
- Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment.
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge around machine learning a plus
- AWS / cloud computing (working knowledge)
- Unix-like operating system environment (proficient)
- Software version control (e.g.gitworking knowledge or greater)
- Track record of contributions to open source software projects.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years of experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178