About the company:
Westchester is one of the largest and most diverse excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance companies in the United States. Focused on the wholesale distribution channel, Westchester provides innovative specialty products for property, specialty casualty, environmental, professional risk, inland marine, product recall, small business, binding and programs. The business is further distinguished by exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence and superior claims handling expertise.
Westchester is a company of Chubb, the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Full Stack engineer who is responsible for design, development, and unit testing of our current projects. The primary responsibility will be developing new software applications and maintaining /modifying existing applications. The resource will also be involved in analyzing the requirements to develop the estimates and work closely with other developers in a fast paced environment (agile). The resource will interface with the business stakeholders to understand the business needs. The resource will work with various business analysts and vendor development teams to implement the business requirements.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in IT or computer science related.
- Very good knowledge of software design, development, and best practices. Expertise in OOP concepts.
- 3+ years of full stack web development using .Net / C#.
- Experience building REST API.
- Advanced SQL and working with databases such as SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of messaging queues.
- Experience in communicating with business stakeholders, business analysts, and project managers.
- Understanding of Agile delivery, Scrum, and Kanban techniques (nice-to-have).
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal communication).