Title: Full Stack Java/Cloud developers
Location: Columbus, OH
Contract: Multi-year/open ended
*If you are interested in applying please contact Peter Steinberg: firstname.lastname@example.org 614-467-4200
Apex Systems is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to build green-field projects, delivering new working solutions, in an Agile environment. The right candidate must be creative, willing to learn on your own and work well in a team environment.
Three Primary Requirements:
- Any Cloud Technology including Cloud development experience
- Java developer with Cloud experience (a minimum of 5 year of experience)
- Front end development experience
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process).
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Consult with end-user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Career-Level position within field. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization. The candidate must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML,
- Experience developing solutions in AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Docker, or related container-oriented technologies (i.e. Docker Enterprise Edition, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Comfortable implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery process for applications using technologies such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, including writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Experience with relational databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server). Experience with NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB) is highly desired.
- Experience implementing and scaling OpenID Connect, OAuth or SAML or similar identity, authorization or authentication protocols/frameworks is desired.
- Experience developing Twelve Factor / Cloud-Native applications.
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial. Candidates should have experience, or feel comfortable with, techniques such as pair programming.
- Is a self-starter, who is comfortable independently absorbing and learning new, leading edge technologies.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Associates Degree with 8-12 years IT Software Developer related experience or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years IT Software Developer experience.
8-12 years of IT Software Developer experience (in addition to any experience identified above). Technical knowledge usually acquired from an educational institution or through equivalent work experience.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178