Track Group is a global leader in providing end-to-end location monitoring and predictive behavioral solutions that combine real-time tracking devices (ankle monitors and more) and professional monitoring services with advanced data analytics. The current focus is delivering electronic monitoring products and services for the global criminal justice market.
The company’s growth strategy is to continue expanding its hardware-agnostic data collection and analytics platform and software applications to empower professionals in security, law enforcement, corrections, and rehabilitation organizations worldwide with single-sourced offender management solutions that integrate reliable intervention technologies to support monitoring programs which empower individuals to rehabilitate outside of a prison setting.
Track Group is seeking a Full Stack Senior Developer to assist in continuous improve of our next generation offender management and monitoring platform “IntelliTrack”. This system has a highly available backend component that collects data from tracking devices and a web component for managing monitored individuals and observing monitoring data. Specific projects include, but are not limited to:
- Updating our front-end User Experience to better surface actionable information while also implementing modern standards and frameworks.
- Optimizing our messaging gateway to triple the number of messages per minute.
- Performing analytics of our tracking data to find patterns and anomalies in the behavior of monitored individuals.
- Moving to a full DevOps model of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
The successful candidate will report to the Software Development Manager while working from home most of the time. As the global pandemic wanes, periodic attendance at one of the following offices will be required, so candidates should live within a couple hours of one of these cities.
- Bedford, NS – Majority of Technology Team
- Sandy, UT – Technology Team secondary office
- Naperville, IL – Company headquarters
Employees are given a lot of trust which provides a great opportunity to take initiative, design solutions, and carry them to completion. We value work/life balance: organization, communication, collaboration, prioritization, planning, and good coding are all required so we can deliver as much value in a regular workday as possible, and then relax.
- Assessing feasibility of designs and suggesting alternative approaches.
- Performing code reviews and providing technical guidance to other developers.
- Diagnosing and debugging issues in production environments.
- Implementing front end user interface components, forms, and pages.
- Creating back end Web API’s and data processing systems.
- Building and maintaining unit tests and automated UI tests.
- Strong attention to detail, writing robust, high-quality code.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A high level of personal initiative tied with good organizational skills.
- A desire and ability to understand the unique business domain we operate in, then translate that understanding into products that meet customer needs.
We care mostly that you are a good front-end, back-end, and database developer. We use the following technologies but recognize that if your current skills put you in a position to learn these skills quickly, you may not need to know this exact set of technologies.
- Front-end: HTML5, CSS, TypeScript, Angular and Bootstrap
- Back-end: .NET/C#
- Database development: creating and optimizing queries using SQL Server and MS Entity Framework.
- Mobile apps: NativeScript
- Broad knowledge of various front-end frameworks and web development tools.
- A strong eye for UI/UX design best practices.
- We want to hear about your relevant education, but do not have a specific requirement for one type or another.
- Extensive experience building web front ends that consume RESTful web services.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Experience with test driven development considered an asset.
- Experience with docker considered an asset.
- Experience using Git considered an asset.
- Knowledge of big data analytics frameworks, techniques and tools considered an asset.
- Experience working with distributed, international teams an asset.