Our work matters. We help people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. We do not lose sight of that. It fuels our passion and drives every decision we make.Job Posting Title
Full Stack Senior Java Developer/Systems DeveloperJob Description
The Senior Java Systems Developer will be doing full stack development in an Agile team using Java/J2EE, Spring/Hibernate, etc. on an application that uses Grid Computing and Big Data sets.
Design and implement new features for the Rebates product. Analyze and evaluate proposed application systems to process data. Design, code, test, debug and document programs. Collaborate with other team members by providing technical advice and training.
- Consult with Business Users, System Analysts, Technical Leads, and Project Managers to establish specifications and agree on timeframe for completion of assigned requests.
- Write detailed description of user needs, system design, program functions, and steps required to modify computer systems; review specifications with System Analysts, Technical Leads, and Business User to ensure compliance
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity. Install applications into production environments following change control processes.
- Work with System Analysts, Technical Leads, and Business Users to develop and implement acceptance test plan to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging
- Maintain regular communication on project status with Team lead, project management, and IS management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience; High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 5 years of experience with application development using Java and J2EE
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team and independently
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills
- Ability to transition abstract concepts into stable and supportable software solutions
- Ability to develop unbiased options and recommendations to technical problems and unbiased comparisons
- Strong traits of decisiveness and judgment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to apply computer software, hardware, and database concepts
- 3+ years of experience with Hibernate
- DB2 experience is a plus!
- Ability to prioritize multiple complex requests under strict timelines
- Experience working in environment with regulatory compliance requirements (HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Previous experience in PBM / health care industry
- Understanding of security implications of domain
Minimum Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and shifts outside of Prime’s core business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. as needed for technical support and/or project needs
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Reports to a Manager in the Information Technology department
Prime Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.