Today, nearly every business in the world has to do bookkeeping and accounting in order to file taxes, understand financial health, and most importantly, make strategic business decisions. The process is universally manual, tedious, and error prone. At the same time, the process follows well-defined rules, abides by industry standardization, and has become increasingly data-rich. It’s a product-focused machine learning team’s dream. Sage Intacct Artificial Intelligence Labs “SAIL” is a nimble team within Sage Intacct building the future of cloud accounting by leveraging artificial intelligence. The SAIL team builds capabilities to help businesses make better decisions through data-powered insights. We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help us lead our software architecture and implementation efforts. As a part of our cross-functional team, including data scientists and engineers, you will help steer the direction of the entire company’s Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning effort.
- Work as an individual contributor building the front-end and back-end of AI-powered web and mobile apps
- Develop web services that leverage data pipelines to provide real-time, data-driven features to our customers
- Coordinate and collaborate with the machine learning infrastructure team and other relevant internal groups
- Work with architects, PMs, and designers to turn ideas into products in production
- Work in a fast moving development team using agile methodologies
- Demonstrate a team player mentality coupled with a strong bias towards action to meet the needs of our customers while meeting deadlines
- 3+ years of industry experience in full stack software development.
- Ability to design web application architecture.
- Hands-on experience building infrastructure to handle large production datasets.
- Hands-on experience building scalable API services and other back-end systems.
- Solid experience with React.js, Node.js, and Postgres
- Nice to have experience with React Native
- Ability to write and maintain team’s extensible, clean, and performant code.
- Understanding and implementation of compliance, security, and data protection.
- Working experience with database and message broker deployment, configuration, monitoring, and debugging.
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python.
- Strong communication skills and team player.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Thrive in a highly technical, engineering focused company.
- Take pride in your work while upholding best practices in engineering.
- Believe that code should be shipped daily.
- Enjoy working in high performing teams, which value learning, shared responsibility and moving fast.
- Value pragmatism and simplicity and find pleasure in effectively leveraging technology.
What it’s like to work here:
You will have an opportunity to work in an environment where engineering is central to what we do. The products we build are breaking new ground, and we have a focus on providing the best environment to allow you to do what you do best - solve problems, collaborate with your team and push first class software. Our distributed team is spread across multiple continents, we promote an open diverse environment, encourage contributions to open-source software and invest heavily in our staff. Our team is talented, capable and inclusive. We know that great things can only be done with great teams and look forward to continuing this direction.