The Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Systems Group researches and develops technology to aid in the disaster response domain. Odyssey Systems is in need of a Full Stack Web Application Developer for design and implementation of software solutions that solve challenges associated with large-scale disasters. For this position, we are seeking an experienced software engineer with full-stack Web app development experience, including front-end user interfaces, web services, and GIS.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Domains: Software/application design, development, and debugging; web interface; web services; GIS
• Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern software engineering techniques, programming tools, and support processes
• Participate in defining, describing, and implementing program deliverables/functionalities
• Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable.
• Provide technical guidance to team members
• Be a leader in the identification and adoption of industry best practices
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Front-end web development using a framework such as ExtJS, React, Vue, or Angular
• Experience with designing, building, modifying, and debugging web services
• Developing, debugging, and executing software in Windows and Linux environments
• Designing web applications (especially single page web apps)
• Experience with commercial cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
• Familiarity with GIS components such as Open Street Maps and GeoServer
• Experience with unit / integration / scalability testing
• Experience with JSON and SQL-based databases
• Active secret clearance
• Experience with software configuration management
• Experience with agile development processes
• Experience with Android development
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: May be anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.