The Honolulu Airport (96819) has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time ASE Certified Diesel Bus & Truck Technician at the Service Center!
The target annual pay is approximately $80,000 per year based on cdl license, performance pay increases and incentives for ASE certifications!
Excellent benefits including medical, 401k, and rental car discounts!
Free onsite parking is also provided!
Flexible shifts to work around YOUR availability!
The Diesel Bus & Truck Technician performs truck and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This flexible full time position will be GUARANTEED 40 HOURS PER WEEK during the shop hours of 5am-9:30pm, Monday - Sunday.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam and Drug test to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required.
- Must have at least 4+ current and valid ASE certifications (one must include H1-H8, E1-E3, T2-T6 and T8).
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements preferred (not required).
- Willing to obtain CDL License through training preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must have ownership of standard hand tools (produced in the last 5 years) to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment.
- Must have a minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Aside from religious observance, must be able to work 40 hours per week anytime Monday - Sunday from 5a - 9:30pm.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical and Drug test exam to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Merchandise Discounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Vacation/paid time off
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Professional Development
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision