The Cook is responsible for enhancing the overall Resident experience through an exceptional food production and controlling the quality and quantity of all food items prepared in the station: i.e. meats, vegetables, potatoes, bread products, desserts, etc. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch professional, friendly, courteous, helpful and timely manner, resulting in a very high level of satisfaction for Residents and their guests. Position is under the general guidance of the Executive Chef in accordance with Community standards, processes, procedures and practices.
- Participate in Daily Line-up every shift.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Prepares all foods suitable for cooking according to standard cooking recipes to ensure consistency of product to Residents and guests. Visually inspects, selects and uses only cooking food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control, e.g., especially high cost meat and seafood items.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes. Requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
- Perform AM and/or PM utility cleaning duties in accordance with all Company safety, cleanliness and regulatory policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Prefer Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a fine dining, high-volume, high energy, upscale food and beverage environment
- Full-Time Hours