Parker's Building Supply planted its roots in the community over 80 years ago in Port Arthur, Texas. Parker's is a neighborhood lumberyard and building supply retailer, supplying everything for small DIY projects, full construction builds, and everything in between with locations in Texas, California, Virginia, and North Carolina. We are currently looking for a full-time Counter Sales Associate at our Port Arthur, TX location.
Things you should know about working at Parker's Building Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as a Counter Sales Associate:
- Assisting customers with the check out process
- Providing an exceptional customer service experience
- Stocking shelves, cleaning, pricing and other miscellaneous duties assigned by management
- Assisting customers on the sales floor answering questions and helping them find what they need
- Health care benefits, starting the first of the month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Prior experience in a retail environment as a cashier
- Possess an outgoing, enthusiastic, and courteous attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
If you are a motivated individual looking to join a great team we hope to hear from you soon!