This position works with customers and location operational groups to ensure that the sale runs smoothly both operationally and administratively. Works closely with the Field Sales team to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Promotes and educates customers on the various products and services provided by Manheim.
- Represents the Dealer Sales Lane at the location on sale days —promotes services such as Manheim Certified, accept and solicits reserve numbers from Dealers, assigns run numbers, reps vehicles on the block, works “IF” counter, up sells products and services, etc.
- Works with lane, department managers, market sales team, and other coordinators to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day and or is posted on OVE; also responsible for ensuring vehicles are re‐ran if needed.
- Works directly with customer onsite, via email & phone to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Champions all sale day preparations (pre/post activities) related to in‐lane and online sales.
- Demonstrates professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers and Manheim.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves customer problems and issues; serves as a liaison between customers, sales teams, and location personnel to reconcile problems and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Assist with customer care issues and respond to dealer inquiries, problems, or concerns in a professional manner and escalate as necessary.
- Educate customers on Online Vehicle Exchange, Simulcast, Manheim.com and on other Manheim services & products. Provide assistance and training in usage.
- Provide consultation to customers regarding setting of floor prices prior to every sale and educate dealers if needed to MMR. This will guarantee a success of a dealer’s in-lane and online offerings and ensure Manheim sets realistic dealer expectations on selling cars.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with dealers over the phone, online and at the Auction through planned contact and meetings, as well as feedback sessions regarding Auction and online use and services.
- Serve as initial contact for buyers and sellers.
- Maximize the number of transactions on OVE. Promote all listings onsite and offsite.
- Load inventory for dealers including no sales, transfer inventory from AutoTrader/others and vehicles with condition reports.
- Solicit inventory and offer additional services to all buyers (PSIs, recon, CRs).
- Identify sold units and facilitate transactions through completion to include but not limited to the following:
-Monitor notifications generated online (e.g., purchase confirmation).
-Confirm availability and location of vehicle (and title) at the time of sale.
-Generate and maintain required documentation for all transactions (e.g., Auction Bill of Sale, Gate Release).
- Work with manager to ensure a consistent and effective online and in-lane customer experience, appropriate transaction processing, high customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Walk vehicles for/with account representative and make recommendations for reconditioning to increase vehicle value
- Reviews vehicles in sales line‐up, locates missing vehicles, and works with customers and operations to ensure that vehicles are prepared for sale (i.e., approval for repairs, frame checks, mileage, and VIN check).
- Coordinates with Recon shops to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Works closely with vehicle check‐in and lot operations to ensure all work is completed on dealer vehicles (i.e., recon, inspections, details, etc.).
- Contacts inside support if units are pulled from the sale or online for work not being completed or mechanical issues so this can be communicated to the customer.
- Work with lot operations and quadrant coordinators to ensure appropriate scanning and organization of account vehicles.
- Review vehicles in sale line up, locate missing vehicles, and work with account representative to ensure vehicles are ready for sale.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 1 - 3 years Auction experience or 2 - 4 years dealership experience strongly preferred. Previous experience in sales support role desired.
· Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
· Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
· Solid computer skills, including ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively.
· Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
· Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
· Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity.
· Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-FL-Ocoee-11801 W Colonial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing