Summary of Job:This position is responsible for supervising the daily operation of the Entertainment department, assisting with Resort-wide events and working with the Operations management team to improve the overall operation of the park.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise operational functions related to the safe and efficient operation of the Entertainment department to include ensuring all appropriate staffing levels are maintained
* Ensure 100% compliance with all standard operating procedures for the Resort as they relate to Six Flags standardization and/or Federal or State guidelines
* Coordinate all entertainment functions to include auditioning, instructing and maintaining a high level of performance of all shows and character appearances
* Assist, create and execute entertaining, interactive special events for the Resort to include Fright Fest and July 4th Fest
* Responsible for development of new show concepts while maintaining world class show quality
* Work with Director of Operations to develop and track annual operating budgets and business plans
* Oversee the training and development of all team members within area of responsibility
* Model and enforce all park policies and procedures and maintain all Six Flags standards.
* Responsible for ensuring completion of team member evaluations
* Train, audit and adhere to all labor laws and guidelines to insure full compliance with Federal, State, and park regulations
* Coordinate all off-season activities to include training, recruiting, and winterization functions
* Work as department and division in-charge
* Other duties as assigned
* Reports to the Operations Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Possess a minimum of three years of Supervisor experience.
* Minimum three years of experience with live shows and event production preferred.
* Strong knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
* Leadership ability with a team oriented approach.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong motivational, leadership, flexible and team building skills with a "can-do" attitude.
* Good organizational skills, creative, outgoing, detail oriented, and self-motivator.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time
* Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds and able to operate a motor vehicle
Applications accepted through 3/25/19
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled