HealthFitness has a rare opportunity to join our team as a full-time (40 hours per week, benefits eligible!) Lifeguard at The Yukon Kuskokwim Fitness Center in Bethel, AK! As a Lifeguard, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of patrons, observing and enforcing all rules and regulations, responding quickly to emergencies, administering first aid to injured patrons and communicating with staff and management. You will also be responsible for attending all in-service training programs, performing cleaning and maintenance duties in and around the pool area and assisting Management staff with other duties as assigned. This position will provide the opportunity to develop new skills and grow within our growing community recreation program!
- Ensure the safety and well-being of patrons by performing Lifeguard surveillance, enforcing facility policies and following all regulations and procedures.
- Complete cleaning and maintenance tasks, including but not limited to pool area and locker rooms.
- Check and record chemical and filtration system readings and alert management to issues.
- Assist with special programs as assigned.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification Required (can apply if enrolled in Lifeguard Training).
- Must possess strong verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with all ages of patrons.
- 2 years Lifeguarding experience preferred.
- Certified Pool & Spa Operator (CPO) Certification Preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability