Come work for one of the best Property Management Companies in Lincoln. CIP is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team of service-oriented coworkers at one of our beautiful communities in Lincoln. Our Maintenance Technicians engage in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and units and maintaining the grounds by performing the essential duties of the position as discussed below.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings; may also include roof repair.
- Participates in apartment turn-over maintenance, HVAC maintenance/repair, minor electrical maintenance/repair, minor plumbing maintenance/repair and after hour’s emergency maintenance. May be required to remove and install home appliances.
- Responsible for pool maintenance and cleaning which may include the use of a pressure washer with acid.
- Engages in ground maintenance activities such as parking lot maintenance, exterior building maintenance, snow removal, lawn mowing, trimming, fertilizing, aerating, landscaping, removing/spraying weeds, raking and disposing of lawn refuse.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The above mentioned activities may include the use of; hand tools, power tools, power washer, snow blowers, trucks and/or tractors with snow blades, ladders, and riding lawn mowers.
Maintain streets and common areas of the community, which may include the use of a fire hose for cleaning the street or power lift for maintaining the street lights.
Ability to safely/legally drive a truck and use it for transporting material.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all residents and coworkers while working in a team environment.
Absorbs and complies with laws/policies regarding Federal, State and Municipal Fair Housing Laws, The Nebraska Tenant Landlord Act, and the Federal and State Safety Regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers; ability to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb, balance, kneel, and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. The ability to see near and far is required.