Serving millions of Medicareand Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellnessbusiness and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family ofbusinesses. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who are eager tobring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join usand you’ll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with thepatients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible fortheir care. Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result startswith the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’sbest work.(sm)
Our Full-Time NursePractitioners conduct in-home assessments on health plan members in PierceCounty, WA. Since this position involvesin-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travel will berequired. You should also be comfortableworking with geriatric patients who have a variety of health complications. TheHouse Calls practitioner will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolledmembers within this geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, thenature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annualhealth assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members morethan once per year
- Conductin-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history,review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depressionscreening
- Responsiblefor checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilamenttest, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identifydiagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in thefurtherance of treatment
- Formulatea list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge andjudgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicatefindings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potentialgaps in care
- Educatemembers on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Complywith all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected healthinformation (PHI)
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing inthe assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCCor AANP as Adult, Geriatric, or Family NP
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level ofeducation OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable youto travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / prescriptiveauthority post-hire in states where applicable
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine orEndocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the abilityto effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home,which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets orindividuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigatestairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- A passion for and commitment to a consumer and client drivenculture
As a Fortune 6 company with over320,000 people all pulling in the same direction, we’re used to setting thepace for change. Take a running start and join us so you can achieve more whiledoing your life’s best work.(sm)
Through our family ofbusinesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performancehealth care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever.Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant- and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doingmore. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverseopportunities that will fit your dreams.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass adrug test before beginning employment.
Job Key words: NursePractitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, PrimaryCare, Assessment, Home Care, House Calls, WA, Washington