JOB TITLE: Client Care Monitor
DEPARTMENT: Housing and Services
LOCATION: White Plains, New Rochelle, Yonkers, Mt. Vernon
Westhab is seeking dedicated and motivated individuals to join our Security Department. The Client Care Monitor is responsible for performing a variety of specialized assignments in a homeless shelter and apartment buildings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safety and security of clients, staff and property in and around the facility.
- Make hourly rounds throughout entire facility; monitor cameras as assigned for surveillance; Check all doors hourly, including fire exits.
- Interact with and monitor clients/client families; maintain good rapport with clients and encourage clients to comply with facility policy and procedures.
- Intervene to de-escalate potential crisis situations, domestic violence and abuse, document all such situations and interventions.
- Complete logs, incident reports and all other required documentation.
- Make calls to CPS as directed, complete follow up reports.
- Monitor traffic at the front desk; handle switchboard and reception area.
- Provide duties related to fire incident, evacuation of the building when necessary, utilizing Fire procedure.
- Ensure the safety and security of all assigned equipment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED and prior security experience required. Must have NYS 8 Security License. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Must possess the ability to respond to crisis situations and to follow instructions. Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends and overtime if necessary.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS:
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services or more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission â€“ Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Powered by JazzHR
- Employee Events
- Paid sick days
- Long Term Disability
- Military Leave
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Holidays