Join the GuardTexas family: We’re people making the difference! GuardTexas has been committed to serving the great state of Texas for over 41 years. Over 900 GuardTexas security officers serve clients in many industries including commercial real estate, residential communities, construction and retail. We are a privately owned company with branches in: Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. GuardTexas is a certified security guard trainer. See www.guardtexas.com for more information about our company.
Job Skills / Requirements
Schedule is MONDAY-FRIDAY 3PM-11PM
The Security Officer safeguards property by patrolling the premises and monitoring for theft, violence, safety issues, and/or disturbances through observation and reporting. The primary responsibility of the position is to deter crime through an authoritative presence.
SECURITY OFFICER / SECURITY GUARD REQUIREMENTS:
- One year Class A Office building security experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable with computers and social media programs.
- Outgoing personality; enjoys interacting with people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with placing calls on hold and transferring calls.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Visual and hearing acuity to observe and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and/or moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting, standing for long periods of time, and handling of materials.
- Meet and maintain all requirements of LEVEL II licensing for Security Officers including passing a background check as required by the Texas PSB.
SECURITY OFFICER / SECURITY GUARD DUTIES:
- Provide a visual security presence
- Conduct regular rounds of office buildings and/or surrounding premises to deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates
- Perform checks on windows, doors, gates, stairwells, fire exits, mechanical rooms and other areas as assigned by client or that trespassers may use to gain illegal access, and insure that they are properly secure
- Inspect equipment if required to ascertain that tampering has not occurred and/or is in working order as noted in the post orders
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences including standing water or fire hazards, failure indicators on mechanical or electrical equipment, and temperature controls
- Respond to alarms and report disturbances
- Contact police, paramedics or fire departments in cases of emergency
- Contact Property Manager as appropriate per customer protocols
- Inform persons of rule infractions or violations such as loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles
- Assist in evacuation buildings in case of emergency
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Successfully Pass Level 2 Training and Exam
Active Security Registration
Additional Information / Benefits
We offer a range of competitive benefits for our security officers:
- Weekly paychecks
- Additional pay for worked holidays
- Access to credit union membership for you and your family
- Insurance is available the first day of the month after 60 days of full time employment.
- After one year of full time employment, you qualify for paid vacation, reimbursement of uniform deposits, and Company payment of PSB fees to maintain a current registration.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required