Provides direct security and related public services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
* Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but are not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
* Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
* Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
* Ability to physically intervene during crises. This includes the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are being restrained.
* Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
* Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
* Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors.
* Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
* Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports.
* Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
* Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities.
* Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
* Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
* Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or General Equivalency
* Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
* Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies
* Valid driver's license in the state in which you reside and the ability to meet HSS' driving standards if applicable
* Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service setting
* Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
* Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and email with the ability to learn other programs such as security incident management software and/or client specific software
* Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy
* Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection
* Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed in a TASER position and annually thereafter
* Ability to be exposed to a TASER
* Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state license or permit to carry a TASER
* Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at the discretion of the TASER instructor and/or HSS
* Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Conducted Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS Taser Policy Policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry and operate fire extinguisher, emergency equipment or other required equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled