First State Bank of the Florida Keys is a customer-focused bank with a long history of serving, reaching out, and connecting with the community. Founded in 1955 with a single branch in Key West, the Bank has grown and changed, as has the surrounding community, but our core values remain the same. First State Bank of the Florida Keys recognizes that what sets us apart are our people.
The Teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The Teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit
- Examine checks deposited for negotiability and fraud; determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices
- Identify counterfeit currency
- Cash checks and withdrawals, verify negotiability, customer identification, check signature card, determine funds availability, and check for stop payments and cautions
- Always get all the required approvals
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies
- Cross-sell bank products and services
- Refer customers to the proper branch employee for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Process change orders for customers
- Issue cashier's checks, process credit card cash advances, order and process exchange of foreign currency, cash US savings bonds
- Process loan payments
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied
- Maintain cash drawer at set levels
- Sell and buy money from the vault with designed tickets
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks
- Follow all bank policies and procedures
- Responsibilities also include other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager
Employees also have a responsibility to understand the Bank's BSA/AML Program, the procedures outlined in it, and to follow the Program and procedures in carrying out their duties. Any employee that fails to adhere to the BSA/AML Program or commits other violations of the Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Flexible and highly motivated team member
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- Good communication skills to provide excellent service to our valued customers
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Customer Service
- Cash Handling
Preferred Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 1 Year Customer Service
- 1 Year Cash Handling
Essential Job Functions:
Essential job functions include the person in this position must be able to remain in a standing position 90 percent of the time. The person in this position needs to sometimes move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The person in this position constantly operates a telephone, computer, printer, copier and fax machine. The person in this position will be required to communicate with the public.
First State Bank of the Florida Keys reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. The job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employee contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "At Will". The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.