Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced warehouse environment unloading, moving, organizing, staging, accounting for and loading various types of freight.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches manifest materials.
- Identify and report discrepancies in load materials.
- Sort and efficiently stage orders to be shipped.
- Ability to use technology, including scanners.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic.
- Ability to multi-task various functions simultaneously.
- Build relationships with customers at the dock-level to ensure ongoing operating improvements and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Ability to operate various warehouse equipment, including but not limited to, shrink wrappers, pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Use of computers including Microsoft Office and other programs.
- Perform other duties assigned by superiors.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior logistics dock experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with customers and at all organizational levels.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred (prefer certification).
- Ability to use scanners and knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Able to work around moving machinery.
- Warehouse environment, exposure to dust, loud noise and outdoor temperatures.
- Tasks involve frequent stooping, kneeling, bending; and reaching overhead; as well as the ability to frequently lift, carry, push, and pull objects/materials weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasionally greater than 50lbs.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- Some tasks may require the ability to perceive and discern sounds and visual cues or signals.
- Ability to communicate orally.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.