The Functional Analyst is a member of the Portfolio Applications team.
This position spans across Cargill’s core HR processes to support the global HR function and their internal customers. The Functional Analyst areas of expertise align with the HR business capabilities and include the following:
Employee Data Management
This position will work closely with enterprise process leads, architects and other Global IT teams in a collaborative, cross-functional environment, to design and deliver solutions that meet the needs of the organization. This position is the Subject Matter Expert, maintaining and ensuring deep knowledge and solutioning expertise in the process area of responsibility. This position must thoroughly understand the requirements to which their design outcomes must meet and are fully aware of the attributes, characteristics, function, dependencies and business results expected end to end of their field. This role is expected to contribute and provide input for prioritization to product/solution backlog for continuous improvement and enhancements.
This position is accountable for their assigned process areas in alignment with the Global IT governance model and processes, and must understand the integration impacts with other process areas, technologies and partners. This position will also help to determine the feasibility and business case for new features, enhancements and extensions. This role will help develop the strategy roadmap for the functional area and collaborate closely with region business analysts, architects and service advisors to drive future plans and provide support for complex problem solving where additional expertise is required across regions within the capability or shared dependencies.
70% Functional Solution Management
Knowledgeable in the area of specialization. Knows the “why” behind processes and decisions related to the solution or application end to end.
Solutions tightly with function process/domain leads and architects on how to meet desired business outcomes with focus on user experience while balancing cost, speed, complexity
Responsible for maintaining and validating solution integrity by functional area through the course of the project including controlling scope, managing solutions for change tracking/traceability and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases
Provide end-to-end functional planning across specific expertise area in global delivery; may lead in solutioning across Regional business analysts based on scope of work and localization requirements:
Lead analysis and decomposition of complex requirements
Perform gap analysis and recommend solution
Contribute application expertise in requirements gathering
Lead functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts
Oversees specific development workstream of the product as per the specifications
Supports test plan development and execution, sign-off requirements and ‘how’ implemented were met
Provides key service introduction and hypercare support to steady state
Facilitate change and configuration management
Supports creation and maintenance of user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports
Investigate complex business and system issues, researching and identifying innovative solutions. Monitors key processes in application and user performance, discover variances and propose necessary actions
Contribute to backlog and CI opportunities (e.g. minor enhancements/small work/base projects) by advocating for value based needs tied to the PDT strategy of the functional area
Support audits and compliance change activities and drive get to green plans
20% Consulting & Partnering
Develop and maintain long term business domain knowledge
Prepare status and deliverables with focus on quality to function and key audiences. Consulting approach.
Partner across global virtual teams across Functional Analysts, Business Analysts, Value Enablers, Technical teams, other Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure teams, and vendors to ensure alignment with projects, programs and strategies, and standards. Both in Portfolio, Other Portfolios and Regions.
10% Other Project Delivery Responsibilities (may include some or all of the following)
Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
Prepare and/or quality review high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
Manage knowledge to portfolio sharepoint to ensure integrity of design, changes and training deliverables across stakeholders
- BA/BS in Business, IT, or Computer Science or equivalent
- 6 years of IT and business / industry work experience
- 3 years experience in IT operations, business analysis or software configuration
- Experience working with and influencing 3rd party software providers
- 3 years knowledge of process functional area
- Demonstated experience working with the Employee Central module of SuccessFactors and HR Payroll solutions
- Ability to Deliver Results (Quality & Benefits)Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated experience managing cost/quality/schedule controls
- Experience working in a global, matrixed, leveraged organization
- Experience interacting effectively, confidentially and appropriately with various levels management and customers
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Working knowledge of data and process modelling
- Understand database concepts like DBMS, ETL and SQL
- Familiar with SuccessFactors platform and interactions with other solutions
- Understand the varied components of the applications to a high degree
- Familiar and able to refer team members to the appropriate system documentation
- Thorough knowledge of the area of specialization
- Working knowledge of given functional area
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.