TO APPLY : www.lewistonpublicschools.org
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Copy of Transcripts
- Gaps of Employment
- Maine Certification
Salary: $16.34 TO $21.35
SUMMARY: The person in this position is responsible for the supervision of children assigned to him/her. Additionally, this person will introduce new learning and review and implement learning previously introduced by the Teacher of Children with Disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Other duties may be assigned.
This includes all academic and social opportunities throughout the day. Examples of this are any and all academic instruction and include other areas throughout a student's day such as lunch, recess, hallway transitions, and breaks with peers and transportation.
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude with supervisors, co-workers, students, and community.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Meet with program supervisor on a regular basis to share information and discuss student progress.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Teacher of Children with Disabilities.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Supervise small groups of students in community-based programs.
- Any other appropriate duties the Supervisor deems necessary.
- Being mindful of clothing choice worn on a daily basis – employees must wear closed-toe shoes.
- Perform short-term instruction in small classes or in community-based programs with indirect supervision.
- Meet with the Teacher of Children with Disabilities or appropriate contact area specialist and receive direction at least on a twice weekly basis.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Obtain and maintain certification as an Educational Technician III with the Maine Department of Education.
- Three years of postsecondary education or a combination equivalent to ninety credit hours of approved study in an educationally related field.