What you’ll do
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and tracing of safety relevant system development activities following ISO 26262 safety lifecycle and preparation of customized system safety plan.
- Setup of technical safety concept including system safety requirements in close cooperation with the Functional Safety Manager for ECU HW and SW.
- Supporting the customer Safety Manager with
- Setup of development interface agreement (DIA)
- Definition of project specific work products and responsibilities
- Performing of Hazard analysis and risk assessment,
- Setup of functional safety concept
- Safety Validation on vehicle level (e.g. define test cases for customer vehicle testing)
- Compilation of customer internal safety case.
- Planning of internal and external resources to ensure that all required safety activities can be covered during safety lifecycle.
- Planning and coordination of verification and validation measures on system and vehicle level and close cooperation with system and vehicle integration and test department.
- Planning and coordination of audits and assessments and definition of appropriate counter measures to fixe identified safety relevant problems.
- Planning and organization of activities to maintain functional safety in production (e.g. EOL test, calibration process) and operation phases (e.g. field monitoring, modification process)
- Support the system design engineer with impact analysis of system design changes on functional safety and ensure that functional safety is maintained on product level.
- Supporting the system design within qualitative and quantitative System FMEA and FTA.
- Compilation of ASIL dependent safety case.
- Supporting the SW PEM within system release recommendation / approval process (usage restriction)
- Engineering degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar
- 2+ years of experience in functional safety
- Advanced training for IEC 61508 / ISO 26262
- Project experience with development of safety related automotive systems and application of ISO 26262
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with customers and suppliers.
- Proven communication, teamwork and organizational talents.
- Willingness for occasional business trips
- DOORS, MediniAnalyze and IQ-RM tool knowledge beneficial
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.