- Functional specialist is an expert in a specific discipline, such as human resources, finance, marketing, information technology or continuous improvement.
- Manage a department or take a key role in one area of the department.
- Experience in a distinct functional or cross-functional business area.
- Experience may be broad-based crossing multiple markets (i.e., government, industry) and may also include relevant/associated certifications and knowledge of applicable tools, methodologies, or best practices.
- Experience directing the activities of specialists or other staff as necessary on activities related to the specified field or discipline
Required Education and Experience:
- MA/MS desired; a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area.
- No less than 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education, masters, graduate, or professional degree may be substituted for one year of relevant experience.