Fund Accountant - Boston, MA
Our client, an investment manager dedicated to early-stage, high growth, and disruptive healthcare and life science companies focused on research and development, is in search of a Fund Accountant. The Fund Accountant will report directly to the Senior Controller and work closely with the finance and operations teams.
- Maintenance of internal accounting records by US GAAP
- Coordinate the collection of quarterly financials/KPIs and maintenance of private investment portfolio company data
- Daily interaction with fund administrator to ensure timely and accurate record-keeping and reconciliations
- Assist with calculating NAVs for alternative investment funds, management fees and waterfall calculations
- Assist with coordination of year-end audits and tax filings
- Assist with the valuation of private investments
- Coordinate investor reports and deliverables, including capital call notices, distribution notices and partnership capital account statements
- Support the finance team with requests from various groups, including Investor Relations and Compliance.
- Strong academic background required, Masters Degree and CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of prior tax, audit and/or fund accounting experience; Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Experience with hedge funds and venture capital funds required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Thorough and meticulous with a high level of attention to detail
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask with strong time management skills to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience with Ipreo and Tradar a plus
This role is a full-time opportunity in a dynamic work environment. Qualified candidates should contact Lianne at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.