We are in search of a sharp, driven Fund Accountant to join our client, one of the top life science-specialized hedge funds in New England. The Fund Accountant will report directly to the Senior Controller and will work closely with the finance and operations teams.
- Maintenance of internal accounting records by US GAAP
- Coordinate the collection of quarterly financials/KPIs and maintenance of private investment portfolio company data
- Daily interaction with fund administrator to ensure timely and accurate record-keeping and reconciliations
- Assist with calculating NAVs for alternative investment funds, management fees and waterfall calculations
- Assist with coordination of year-end audits and tax filings
- Assist with the valuation of private investments
- Coordinate investor reports and deliverables, including capital call notices, distribution notices and partnership capital account statements
- Superior academic record required; Masters Degree and CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of prior tax, audit and/or fund accounting experience; Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Experience with hedge funds and venture capital funds required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Ipreo and Tradar a plus
Interested and qualified candidates can email Cristina at email@example.com for prompt consideration.