ABOUT ADAMS STREET
Adams Street Partners is a global private markets investment manager. Operating in more than thirty countries across five continents, we pride ourselves on the depth and breadth of our global investment capabilities, along with our long-standing reputation as an innovator in within the private markets space. Adams Street Partners is consistently recognized for its continuous commitment to, and deep understanding of the broader private markets industry.
With over $40 billion of assets under management globally, we have offices in Chicago, London, Menlo Park, New York, Boston, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul and Munich. We operate as a single global team, integrating the expertise of our investment professionals across five strategies: primary, secondary, venture/growth, private credit and co-investments.
Adams Street Partners is recognized as a pioneer of the private markets, and is widely credited as originating the first ever fund of funds investment in 1979. The firm became an independent, employee-owned entity on January 1, 2001, and continues to manage its private equity portfolios in the same manner and style as its predecessor organizations have done for over two decades.
As an employee-owned firm, we believe in a culture of inclusiveness and collegiate achievement, delivering the highest standards of integrity, respect and insight to all aspects of our business. Our guiding principles and collaborative environment drive our commitment to providing exceptional client service and top tier investment returns.
Adams Street Partners’ Internship Program provides an engaging and highly educational experience to undergraduates /graduate students seeking to build a career in investment accounting. Our Fund Accounting Interns gain a broad range of investment accounting exposure by providing analytical financial review and reporting support to our teams. Please note: This role is a tempoary position with a July 2020 start. We are seeking someone who can commit to part-time in our Chicago office during the school year. There will be opportunity to extend into the 2021 school year based on performance.
Specifically, the Fund Accounting Intern will be involved and responsible for:
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements and capital accounts
- Review of quarterly financial statements from partnership investments to determine valuations of investments pursuant to ACS 820. This process includes tracking of underlying portfolio company activity.
- Preparation and review of various fund level transactions including draws and distributions
- Interaction with various members of the investment and client service teams to obtain information and necessary reports
- Participation in cash reconciliation process
- Completion of client requests and special projects as they arise
Here at Adams Street Partners we hold ourselves to high standards and expect no less of our internship applicants. Ideal candidates must have a genuine interest in Accounting. Additional characteristics of a successful Intern Analyst at our firm are:
- Strong academic credentials (high GPA, reputable university) with a major in Accounting.
Demonstrable initiative, commitment toward excellence in work and great attention-to-detail
Self-disciplined, takes accountability and operates with integrity
Team oriented with a heavy emphasis on written and verbal communication
Ability to act transparently by owning mistakes and learning from them
High degree of professionalism by exercising discretion, judgment and honoring confidentiality
- Command of Microsoft applications including familiarity with Excel
Please note: This role is a tempoary position with a July 2020 start. We are seeking someone who can commit to part-time in our Chicago office during the school year. There will be opportunity to extend into the 2021 school year based on performance.
About the Internship Program
Adams Street Partners is committed to providing the Fund Accounting Intern with a foundational understanding of the private equity industry. Highlights of our program include:
- Participation in cross-firm training sessions designed to offer visibility on the activities of teams across Adams Street
- Access to internal training resources and the guidance of a mentor to bridge the educational gap
- Human Resources sessions on professionalism in the workplace and career path coaching
- Active engagement with employees through social and networking events