Our client is a venture capital firm that invests in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medtech and healthcare services and is looking to hire a Fund Accounting Manager to support its growing operations. The person in this role will have significant responsibility for managing the day-to-day financial operations of the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the general ledger for all funds.
- Prepare fund and management company financial statements and reconciliations of all accounts.
- Assist in capital call process. Maintain investor’s capital accounts.
- Managing all other routine correspondence related to accounting matters.
- Implementing and executing a regular quarterly fund reporting process.
- Maintaining the general ledger and managing payables for the management company.
- Managing the annual budgeting process for the management company.
- Prepare cash on hand analysis and other ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Managing the preparation of annual tax returns, including K-1s.
- Serving as the day-to-day contact point for auditors.
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer to implement best practices within the finance and accounting organization.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required, CPA a plus
- 3-6 years of public accounting and/or private equity equity/ venture capital accounting experience.
- Significant preference for experience working with or in venture capital firms and an understanding of typical waterfalls within capital structures for venture-backed companies.
- An understanding of valuation concepts for venture-backed companies.