Fidelity TalentSource is looking to hire a Fund Operations Analyst at Fidelity Investments, located in Westlake, TX.
This is a six month contract that pays $20.00 an hour.
You enjoy working in a high volume and fast-paced operations environment, handling confidential and complex financial transactions. You are organized, analytical, and quality-focused to deliver accurate and comprehensive information to support all our customers.
We are looking for a candidate that can adapt to changing requirements in a fast-paced team setting. You meet deliverables in an efficient manner with a low number of errors.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Basic knowledge and understanding of financial markets and securities.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) skills required; advanced skills preferred
- Strong aptitude for learning new processes through individually paced on-the-job and mentor aided training opportunities
The Purpose of Your Role
The analyst’s role is to validate impacts to mutual fund’s NAVs, Mils, and Yields to ensure shareholder accounts are valued accurately while protecting the organization's reputation.
As an Analyst, you will work within one of the operations teams in the Fidelity Fund & Investment Operations (FFIO) business. You will perform a high volume of daily tasks associated with fund accounting, data management, trade processing, and regulatory reporting. You will also perform project work in an agile environment and identify areas for operational improvements. The Analyst will adhere to policy, procedures, and regulatory guidelines along with other ad-hoc responsibilities. The ability to work overtime and be flexible is strongly encouraged.
The Skills You Bring
- Your proven effective written and oral communication skills
- An ability to calmly operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven operational environment
- Your high attention to detail
- Ability to research and communicate your research successfully to internal and external business partners
- Your positive team-oriented attitude
- Outstanding digital literacy, knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (such as Word or Excel – VBA coding knowledge a plus), and ability to train on and work with different operating systems.
- Your strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to establish positive relationships at multiple organizational levels
- Ability to call out issues to the appropriate parties to ensure a timely and accurate solution
The Value You Deliver
- Researching and validating mutual fund impacts using accounting systems to properly account for shareholder’s interests while maintaining Fidelity’s reputation.
- Participating in continuous operational improvements across the organization.
- Identifying and participating in the development of cross-divisional business initiatives.
- Communicating with internal and external business partners to problem solve and provide customer solutions.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Accounting group is responsible for maintaining the proper valuation of the books and records for all mutual funds within the Fidelity Investments family of Retail and Institutional products. The group performs a crucial role in accurately valuing mutual funds which serve to protect shareholder interest and Fidelity’s reputation as a leader in the industry.
As part of Fidelity's Pricing and Cash Management Services (FPCMS) business unit, the Accounting and Pricing Services (APS) division provides accounting and pricing services to all of the Fidelity Institutional and Retail products, including books and records maintenance, securities' pricing, and net asset value, yield and distribution rate calculations. The Fund Accounting department performs the daily pricing and bookkeeping for retail funds and institutional funds within FPCMS.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.